Monday, September 10, 2007

Anniversary

Tomorrow will be our 5th wedding anniversary. How time flies. Wasn’t it only yesterday when George and I got married? I still remember, we got married in the Philippines. It’s one of the happiest moments in my life. I prayed to God to give me the man He wants me to have. I didn’t pray for a rich man to be my husband. I prayed to God to give me a man who is a christian and who will love me for what and who I am and He gave me George. We had only a short time to prepare our wedding, less than 2 weeks because George had to go back to the US after 3 weeks of staying in the Philippines. So everything was rushed but I thank God that we had a good wedding. Our wedding was well attended especially during the reception. George was surprised to see all the people who came to eat. He said that people were coming out from wood works meaning people were coming from everywhere, lol!

The reception was catered and according to the caterer, almost 500 plates were used in the reception. So that’s the number of people who came to eat in our wedding celebration. Lot’s of people huh! I was really surprised but knowing the people in our town, they come and gatecrash though they’re not invited especially they knew that an American is getting married to a Filipina. George and I really didn’t mind. Maybe some of them, that’s the only time that they got a decent meal. It’s a good thing that despite the fact that many people came, there were still lots of leftover foods so we gave some to my kinfolks and neighbors.

It’s good to reminisce the past, it brought back good memories. Now 5 years had passed by so swiftly. There were ups and downs we encountered along the way, but with God on our side we were able to handle them gracefully. George and I are looking forward to many years to come and spend the rest of our lives together with God in the center of our lives. We’re praying to God to use us to further His kingdom and that we would like to go back in the Philippines. We know that God is faithful and we believe that He shall give us the desires our hearts in His perfect time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment