Sunday, August 10, 2008

My Hubby Preached Tonight

Our pastor and his wife are out of the state so he assigned my hubby and other preachers to preach in his absence. This morning, it was Bro. Allen who preached and the title of his message was Saving Our Children. I enjoyed listening to his message. He’s a good and lively preacher with a good sense of humor.

Tonight, it was my hubby’s turn to preach. He’s been preparing for it and I’ve been praying for him since I’ve learned that our dear pastor assigned him to preach for tonight. Before we left the house we prayed together that God will bless his message and God will speak through him as he brings his message. I know my hubby is a little bit nervous because he’s not been preaching that often. When he was in the Philippines, he preached many times in our church there so he gained confidence. Here in the US, it’s only once in a while that he preaches.

While my hubby was preaching, I was busy in my seat praying for him. I prayed that God will give him heavenly wisdom, clarity of thoughts and loosen the stummering tongue. I’m the number 1 critic of my hubby and I give him some suggestions on how to improve the way he delivers his message. I suggested to him to speak louder and not to pause for a long period of time. I told him to just keep on talking so the audience will not be bored. So far he delivered his message well tonight. His message by the way was entitled Why Praise God and his text verse was found in Psalm 92:1 which says, "It is good to give thanks to the LORD, and to sing praises to thy name O Most High."

Dscn3101_1

0 comments:

Post a Comment