Thursday, September 25, 2008

At Last, My Oath Ceremony is Scheduled!

More than a week ago, I called the office of our congressman here in our city. I talked to the secretary who is in charge of the immigration paper works. I asked her to follow up in the office of the USCIS when will be the schedule of my oath ceremony. It’s been 3 months since I had my citizenship interview and I passed it. I already submitted all the police clearance from the 3 cities where I resided for the past 5 years that they required me to submit since the FBI can’t read my finger prints. But I haven’t heard from the USCIS since then. It’s not my fault that they can’t read it after two times of going to their office to have my finger prints taken. Maybe they need to update their computers so they will have no problem. It had caused me delay to swear in. The long wait was killing me.

This morning, I heard the postman dropped the mails in the mailbox on our porch so I went out to get them. Most were shopping catalogs, I got 3 of them mind you. These companies want my money and they are enticing me to shop from them online. Well, I got some mails too and guess what? I was so happy when I saw the mail from the USCIS. I quickly went inside and opened the mail. It was written there the schedule of my oath ceremony! At last, after a very long wait, I will finally swear in as a US Citizen on October 2 at Arlington, more than 2 hours drive from our place. I called my hubby right away and informed him about it. Both of us were so happy. Then I called the secretary of our congressman and thank her for helping me follow up my papers. I was so grateful to her and she was so happy for me too. I called her September 16 to follow-up my case and the letter from the USCIS was dated September 19. It was so quick, huh! I told the secretary that I should have called her earlier so I didn’t have to wait that long. This is the 2nd time that she helped me. The first time was 3 years ago when I was waiting for the approval of the the removal of my conditional status. It took me forever to wait that time but after I called the congressman’s secretary, it didn’t take long and then I received the approval of my application.

My hubby and I have been praying daily that I will get my naturalization certificate soon and God answered our prayers. After I will get my citizenship certificate, I will apply for a US passport. Next I’m going to apply for a dual citizenship and then we’ll go back to the Philippines and start a ministry there for the Lord. Hubby and I believe with all our hearts that God will grant us our hearts’ desire in His perfect time. We are also praying that God will send us a buyer of our house. I believe that all things work together for good, to those who love God, to those who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

0 comments:

Post a Comment