Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Scared Neighbor

Yesterday morning, one of our neighbors who is an elderly lady came to our house. She said she was not able to sleep the previous night because she was thinking of the coming typhoon and a possible earthquake that she heard in the news. She feared that the dam will break and our area will be flooded. She wanted to evacuate now and she even packed some of her clothes already. She was so paranoid. We told her that in case that thing will happen, she’s not alone. She’s afraid to die just like those people who died during the flood. My brother advised her to stop watching the news so she will not get nervous. I’ve been witnessing to her about salvation and putting her trust in Jesus. If you are saved and you know for sure that you will spend eternity in heaven, then there’s nothing to fear. Come what may, you know who holds tomorrow and who’s in control of anything that happens in this world. It’s Jesus Christ, my Savior and my coming King.

I just pray that the typhoon will change its course and will not pass here in our place. I put my trust in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, the Author and Finisher of my faith.

0 comments:

Post a Comment