Thursday, March 8, 2007

Panagbenga 2007

My sister Violy e-mailed some photos taken during the Panagbenga (Flower Festival) in Baguio City held on the 3rd week of February. When I called her they just got home from watching the float parade. I remember, I used to go up in Baguio every year when I was still in the Philippines to watch the Panagbenga. It’s really very fun and colorful especially the costumes of the street dancers and also watching them dance on the streets. The floats were all decorated with fresh flowers and they were so creative in their style. A lot of people go up to the City of Pines just to watch this event. Session Road and Burnham Park were full of people, all very eager to watch the event. There were also celebrities who graced the occasion and they even go in the parade. They also have the colorful fireworks at night that lasted for about 15 minutes. It’s really fantastic! We also used to go to Camp John Hay to see the Market Encounter and buy some souvenir stuff or flowering plants.

It’s really fun and I wish I was there to watch it this year. George has been wanting to go and watch it but we have to wait for God’s blessings so we can go there. I really miss my native land, my family and friends. Also I miss the cool weather in Baguio, it’s not that cold, it’s just the right temperature all year long. They call Baguio City the Summer Capital of the Philippines. The parks in Baguio are full of flowers too and they put some of the parks here in US to shame. If you are a nature lover, Baguio is the place to go. The picturesque mountains, the pines and the beautiful parks with flowers and the nice temperature really take one’s breath away.

Here are some photos of the street dancers during the Panagbenga 2007.

Pict00961_2

Pict00981

Pict00991

Pict01001

Pict01031

Pict01041

0 comments:

Post a Comment