Wednesday, October 3, 2007

My Good Friend

I got a call from my good friend Dr. Rose Bondoc today. She was on her way to Austin and it’s a long drive and she thought of calling me. I really enjoyed talking to her. She’s a traveling doctor and I met her when she was assigned here in Wichita Falls. I was working at JC Penney that time and she was there shopping. When she’s seen me, she approached me and talked to me. We got to know each other and we’ve learned that her mom and my dad were from the same town in the Philippines. I gave her my phone number and during my off, she came into our house.

Last year, she was again assigned here and she often came to our house and dine with us. Everytime she comes, she brought with her some groceries and also she treated us a few times to a restaurant. She is really sweet and down-to-earth lady. It’s been almost a year now since the last time we’ve seen her and my hubby and I missed her so much. She’s a good friend of ours and although she’s a lady doctor, she has no hang ups. She is humble, friendly and very helpful. I wish there are more people like her.

0 comments:

Post a Comment