Monday, January 31, 2011

Bible Study

We had a ladies' Bible study in our house last Thursday for the first time and I was the speaker. Six ladies from our church came. I was a little nervous because it's the first time that I will do it. I talked about What is God's Plan For My Life.  The Bible states that God has a wonderful and unique plan for each one of us. He has specially designed and created us with distinctive talents and gifts to walk in a perfect plan He has already predetermined for us. (Ephesians 2:10 and Psalm 139)

I cited 3 life-changing steps to find God's plan for your life:

Draw close to Him Stick around with Him and talk to Him through prayer

Search Him The real source of God's will is His written Word, the Bible

Learn To Listen to the Holy Spirit Once you have submitted to His way of doing things and have receive Him as Lord and Savior over you life, you have made a God-connection and the Holy Spirit start talking to you about God's plan for you.

God's plan for your life begins with you becoming a child of God by believing of the Lord Jesus Christ alone for forgiveness and payment for your sin. This is different than a religion; it is a relationship with God based on His Word the Bible.

I also shared my personal experiences in life of how I talked to God and asked Him about His plan for my life and how I listened to the Holy Spirit. Ten years ago I didn't know what was God's plan for me. Ten years ago I didn't know that I will be married to a preacher and will start a ministry for the Lord. God has a wonderful plan for my life and for each and everyone of us. His greatest plan for us is to be saved and have eternal life.

"And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day." (John 6:39-40)

After our Bible study, we ate the snacks that I prepared, goulash, macaroni fruit salad and orange juice. We had a good time and I suggested to the ladies that we will have a Bible study every month and they agreed. To God be the glory!

0 comments:

Post a Comment