Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Christmas Banquet

We had a Cristmas Banquet at the church today at 6:00 PM. There were lots of foods, desserts and drinks. I just ate moderately though and I have to stop eating when I’m half full. That’s the secret of not gaining weight this holiday season. I enjoyed the food and the fellowship with our church members who are so friendly. My hubby ate a lot though. He can’t resist the foods and had to return to the banquet table for a second serving. I was teasing him that his belly became bigger after eating too much. After the banquet, at around 7:00 PM we had a worship service and the ladies in the choir rendered Christmas carols. After that, the guest preacher gave his message which is about the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. His text verse is Matthew 1:21, "And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Christmas is all about Jesus who was born by a virgin in a manger. He knew no sin but he became a sin for the world to save us. The preacher has delivered his message well and I was really blessed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment