Sunday, December 3, 2006

Our Christmas Tree

Time flies so fast. Christmas is just around the corner once again. We can feel it in the air. It’s chilly. Yesterday, my hubby had put up the Christmas tree and then when it was already standing, he put the lights around it. Then after that, it was my turn to put the decors on it. We used the same Christmas tree that we used last year, a 6 ½ ft. tall tree. I had also hanged a Christmas wreath in the door and also at the porch.

Today, my hubby and I went to church and after lunch I asked him to take me to the mall to buy Christmas gifts for the kids and grandkids. We went to JC Penny because somebody at work gave my husband a 20% discount coupon and it is only good for today. We need to buy some more gifts but we will wait on the 15th because they will have a midnight madness sale at the BX inside the base. Christmas happens only once a year and I really want to buy gifts for the family. It’s a way to show our love for them. For me, it’s not really the gift that matters, it’s the thought that counts. It’s a good feeling to know that somebody remembers you on that special occasion and I want them to know that we think of them and we love them. We will be spending Christmas in Alvarado and we are looking forward to that day. My husband will be off 4 days from work so we can have a good holiday celebration.

Christmas_tree_006_1











Ever since I was a kid, this time of the year excites me most. It’s the time to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, the Savior of mankind. It just disgust me that in this country, wherein it’s supposed to be a democratic country, most places now won’t allow the word Christmas, instead they used the word Holiday. Others also used the word Xmas and removed Christ in it. How disgusting! Jesus Christ is the reason for this season and they should honor Him for that. I just pray that whoever thought of this thing that is happening here in this country will be awaken and will realize that without Christ there's no Christmas to celebrate.

2 comments:

Ching said...

I strongly agree to that, Liza. Have a great Christmas!

Lisa said...

Thanks Reschiel! Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year to you and your hubby. God bless...

Post a Comment